This is your application! Don't let anyone deter you or straight up control how your application should look! Good luck and I am here to help!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

BOT Applicant Profile

So the updated BOT Application Guide with attachment 9 came out after I completed my Application Profile.  This was both a relief and a stressor (distress).  A relief because it was very very simple due to the fact they provide you a template!  I never got a template and trying to eye ball spacing, format, and designing tables was not something I was good at.  It was a distress because I had to do my profile all over again!

Anyway, download the attachment 9 from the BOT guide and go at it.  Here are some of my suggestions and perspective on what should go on your profile.

- Please ensure your name is spelled correctly.
- use your gov't e-mail address
- List the correct board applying to!

Academic Education:

List it in the order of completion and use the template provided for spacing etc...

DO NOT round up your GPA.  Type it in as is and there should not be any GPA for CCAFs...just type N/A.

Professional Military Education:

In my opinion these are PME courses AFTER BMT and the "official" ones.  The official PME courses are:  ALS, NCOA, SNCOA, Course 15/14, and SEJPME.  All other courses should be listed under (in my opinion) Personal Achievements.

I listed ALS, NCOA, and Senior Enlisted Joint PME.  DO NOT make up awards and no one cares if you were a nominee.  List nominee in your personal achievements if you really want it in there.  I was a DG (not done graduate ha ha) at NCOA.

Career Achievement:

So there are different view points on career achievements v personal achievements.  I believe that career achievements are simply significant awards you have earned in your career.  I kept it simple and listed any awards I earned from the squadron, group, wing, NAF, MAJCOM, or Air Force

I listed the Year, Award (NCO of the Year, qtr, month), Unit (Sq, NAF etc..) and the Base location
.  I also added my BTZ because I thought that was significant to my career.

Personal Achievement:

This is where I added anything and everything to show I was the bomb!  For example..

Scored above 95% on ALL pt assessments
My CCAF instructor certification(s)
Youth Championship Soccer Coach
Led Air Show something something
CCAF Award (if you know, then you know)
Gucci Schools (Sniper, SWAT, Ranger etc...)
Marathons completed; money raised (charity partners)
Bunch of leadership courses

You get the idea!  I personally believe that nothing is out of bounds under personal achievement.  Show off!  let them know you're the real deal, but ultimately link how these achievements make you a LEADER!

Professional Affiliations:
AFSA, 5/6, JEC, Top III etc..should go here, but feel free to add any other civilian orgs as well.  It is a HUGE benefit to show that you led them as President, Vice President, etc....if you have none of these positions....GO GET THEM!

Work Experience:

I personally categorized the work experience area by DUTY TITLES.  However, I must note that you must ensure that each section have different responsibilities.  For example we do the same job as PME Instructors, but they attempt to gucci up professional growth by listing ALS Instructor one year then PME instructor the next....its the same!  So I just categorized the different duty titles and listed three bullet statements on what I accomplished. For example:

PME Instructor
- Really bad ass duty description
-bad ass duty description
-really really bad ass duty description



Remember the poop sandwich?  Well I did the same thing here under work experience.  I took my EPRs under each category and picked the best bullets under key duties and responsibilities.  These are the bullets that explain what you do, control, manage, lead, etc....I took two of these statements (the best ones) and made them past tense!  I then combined the HEAVY bullets and made SUPER BULLETS...Anyway, that is how I did it for each job category.  Ensure you focus on leadership, leadership, leadership.  I only used managed bullets when I didn't have anything else. Oh and my bullets were action impact bullets; not AIR (Action Impact Result) bullets.

I did not have any citations to list so I skipped this part of the profile.  I copy and pasted my personal statement form the 56 and insert it where was required.  I then listed my AFSCs (remember I have two; will soon have 3 ha ha).  This is just asking for your AFSCs...not duty titles so you shouldn't have too many here.  Ensure your dates match your career data brief/rru.

I then listed my AFSC choices in order.  Please do not list the code, just the actual names of the specialty.  You can find these in the BOT Guide.

* Every page needs to be initialed!  I reviewed a lot of non-select packages and their initials looked like signatures!!!!  Remember, the board is looking for people that can follow instructions!  Make your initials look like initials***


I will sanitize my applicant profile and upload it here soon.

Go Air Force!


No comments:

Post a Comment